The summer fun continues in Hamilton County! Don't miss the 4-H Fair, summer concert series, and more this week. For even more fun events, check our online calendar of events.
1. The Hamilton County 4-H Fair begins today and runs through Tuesday the 24th. This fair has everything from animal shows to llama costume contests and live entertainment. The fair schedule is packed with fun for the farm-loving family!
2. Unfortunately the community summer concert season is winding down, but there are still several you can catch before the season is done! Carmel Gazebo Concerts will be held on July 25 and August 1. Cicero's Free Concert Series has one more concert this Sunday and the Cool Creek Series also has one show left on Friday. The Noblesville Summer Concert Series will continue with two more concerts and Jazz on the Square will continue through September. Due to rescheduling, there is also one last chance to catch a Fishers Summer Concert on July 24.
3. Plan a girl friend getaway with your friends! Sign up for a Nickel Plate Arts class or browse galleries in the Carmel Arts & Design District. Do some shopping at local boutiques or malls then top it all off with a nice dinner at a locally owned restaurant.
4. Support local artists by stopping by one of the many art exhibits in Hamilton County. On Friday, head to Fishers for the opening reception for the latest installment of Art in Town Hall. Or pick a day to explore the Hamilton County Artist Association's latest exhibit "Celebrate the Colors".
5. Hop aboard an Indiana Transportation Museum train! This weekend alone there are four great train rides that are great for a unique outing. The Pizza Plus Express or the Arcadia Explorer are great for a family adventure or the Jeffersonian Train is perfect for a new spin on date night for the adults. On Sunday, Forest Park Caboose rides provide a wonderful afternoon short trip around Noblesville.
6. Don't miss the last two Tenderloin Tuesdays in July! On both July 24 and 31, twelve local Hamilton County restaurants will be offering spectacular specials for the famed Indiana specialty. Beer battered, breaded or grilled- any way you prefer your tenderloin there's no excuse for missing out on these deals!
7. Get your tickets if you haven't already for the 2012 BMW Championship. This great tournament is fast approaching and is sure to draw a large golf-loving crowd. The top players will take to the greens at Crooked Stick Golf Club from September 3-9.
8. Start browsing our calendar of events for fun fall festivals to add to your family calendar! You won't want to miss Hamilton County traditions like the Headless Horseman at Conner Prairie and the Fishers Renaissance Faire.