Spring has sprung in Hamilton County! Spring is a great time to be creative, get outside, and of course update your wardrobe. This week's list of 8 Great Things to do includes all of this and more! For even more great local events in Hamilton County, visit our calendar of events.
1. Get those creative juices flowing with classes at Gallery 116. Crochet a hat, crochet a fingerless glove, create a mixed media flower collage, or glam up an old piece of furniture that's in need of some love. Classes are scheduled through May and more are to come!
2. Celebrate St. Patrick's Day in Hamilton County! The Indiana Wind Symphony will present The Wearing of the Green at the Palladium in Carmel. The concert will feature the Richens/Timm Irish dancers and tenor Ken Knowles. For your dose of Irish fare and libations, head to an Irish themed local dining spot like Mickey's Irish Pub or Dooley O'Toole's. Or for something completely different, celebrate your "unbirthday" with a 5-course tea at the Mad Hatter's Tea Party at the R.L. Wilson House.
3. Spring has sprung which means it's time for the Springtime in Indiana: Art, Craft & Gift Showcase. Held at the Hamilton County 4-H Fairgrounds, this two day weekend event will feature of 80 exhibits of all things arts and crafts. It's the perfect place to find new spring decorations for your home!
4. This Saturday will mark the last Winter Market at the Carmel City Center, but don't be sad! This only means that many SUMMER farmers markets are on the way! Cicero, Carmel, Westfield, and Noblesville will all have farmers markets for the summer months so you can stock up on fresh, local produce.
5. Grab the kids and pile into the car, Schoolhouse Rock Live! opens on March 19! Presented by Civic Theater, this musical revives classics like "Conjunction Junction" and "Three is a Magic Number." This nostalgic production will run until March 29, grab your tickets before they're gone!
6. Pulling out the old spring and summer wardrobe, only to discover that it's no longer your style? Hamilton County has plenty of shopping options where you can spruce up your style. Head to Hamilton Town Center in Noblesville or Clay Terrace in Carmel for big name retailers in unique open-air settings. Or head to a smaller boutique like 14 Districts or Martha Janes.
8. There are only FIVE more days left in the Northside Nights Restaurant Week! Until March 18, participating restaurants including Hamilton County favorites like Eddie Merlot's, Kelties, Peterson's, Seasons 52, Sahm's Restaurant, Nickel Plate Bar & Grill, and Grille 39 (in the Renaissance hotel) are offering special menus. Most are offering 3 course meals for $30 per person, and some are offering $30 meals for 2 diners. It's a great way to try new delicious dishes at local dining spots!