It's going to be another great weekend in Hamilton County, Indiana! Enjoy live music, take a dip in the water, or attend the annual Art of Wine to taste wines from across the state. Whether you're here with your family, friends, or both, it'll be an enjoyable time for all.
1. The Hamilton County 4-H Fair begins today! Enjoy family fun, food vendors, exhibits by talented 4-H members and much more. Don't miss the animals and tractor pull too! Click here for a highlight schedule of fair events.
2. Grab some friends and head to a concert this weekend in Hamilton County. Rock out (yes, rock out!) with the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra at Symphony on the Prairie for this week's "50 Years of Rock ‘N Roll: Music of the Rolling Stones" show. Or head to Klipsch Music Center for a weekend packed with shows, check here for the full line up.
3. Don't miss the Art of Wine in the Carmel Arts & Design District this Saturday! Visitors age 21 and older can enjoy wines from over 15 Indiana wineries, but there will be entertainment and plenty of food for attendees of all ages.
4. Free is the right price for a night of family fun! Grab a blanket and some snacks and head to Witten Park in Saxony for movie night. Enjoy "Jumanji" on the outdoor screen starting Saturday at dusk.
5. Enjoy the talented Carmel Community Players as they perform "Marvin's Room." This play won the 1991 Drama Desk Award for Best Play, and the Carmel Players do it justice! Grab dinner before the show at a locally owned Hamilton County restaurant for a complete night out.
6. Need to cool off? Head to the water for some much needed relief from the heat. Try Morse Park & Beach for a natural setting, relax and float in the lazy river at The Waterpark, or splash around at Forest Park Pool.
7. Speaking of cooling off, if you plan to visit Conner Prairie this weekend you can take breaks from the heat as well. Visit their indoor exhibit "TreeHouses: Look Who's Living in the Trees!" to see what critters live in the trees and how humans use trees. Or take kiddos to visit the River Crossing play area to splash around with newfound friends.
8. Peaches, sweet corn, and tomatoes are all now in season at local farmers markets! Whether you're a visitor or you live here in Hamilton County, you definitely don't want to miss the deliciousness of local produce. Click here for a list of area farmers markets.