Halloween is less than a week away and Hamilton County is ready with spooky ghost tours, tasty treats, and more! Read on for great ideas for your weekend and Halloween plans. For even more ideas and things to do during your visit to Hamilton County, check out our online calendar.
1. Round up your family and head to Conner Prairie for the last weekend of the Headless Horseman! This event is so much more than a haunted hayride- there's pumpkin bowling, ghost hunter presentations and more. Best of all, the event has been extended to happen on Sunday as well! While you're there, grab some sweet treats from the Conner Prairie Apple Store or from Gigi's Cupcakes' mobile truck that will be serving up spooky cupcakes.
2. Listen to some terror-inducing tunes at the Noblesville Symphony Orchestra's Halloween concert. The show will feature classic eerie compositions like selections from Phantom of the Opera, Ride of Valkyries, and more!
3. Celebrate the end of October at Carmel City Center's Oktoberfest. This free event includes prize drawings, live music from Polka Boy, food and a biergarten for the adults. And next Tuesday, don't miss the special Halloween edition of Sweet Tooth Tuesday complete with a costume parade and trick or treating.
4. Talk about stage fright! Head to the Tarkington for Civic Theater's production of The Woman in Black that opens this weekend. This classic thriller has all the elements of a classic horror story along with even more scream inducing surprises! If you'd prefer something a little more light hearted, hop over to the Studio to see Route 66 presented by the Actors Theater of Indiana.
5. Sit and sip hot tea at the R.L. Wilson House for their Happy Hallowed Tea this Saturday. There will be live entertainment and "haunted" tours of the historic home to accompany the elegant 4-course tea service.
6. Head to a fun, kid-friendly Halloween party this Saturday. Prairie View Golf Club will be hosting a Halloween Family Fun Day complete with a carnival, activities and of course prizes. From 6-8 p.m. head to the Indy Executive Airport for a different type of trick or treat experience. Montgomery Aviation is presenting their Safe Trick or Treat event with costumes, spooky airport tours and of course candy!
7. Get into the spirit of Halloween and attend a ghost walk. Unseenpress is offering several walks before, on, and after Halloween. Be sure to make reservations because tours are filling up fast! This year Conner Prairie is also offering a ghost walk on Halloween night. Do ghosts haunt this old property? The Conner Prairie staff will let you decide!
8. It's your last weekend before Halloween to take an excursion to pick the perfect pumpkin! Take a hayride journey at Stonycreek Farms Pumpkin Harvest Festival or ride the rails on the Indiana Transportation Museum's Pumpkin Train. Both are fun options for spicing up your pumpkin picking experience and creating a new family tradition.