All of Indiana, including Hamilton County, is preparing to be in the spotlight for Super Bowl XLVI. Here is a list of great things you need to know about the Big Game happenings for both visitors and locals in Hamilton County!
1. Kids in Hamilton County completed the most Super Kids, Super Welcome cards with 5,332 cards completed! The cards will be placed in hotel rooms to welcome visitors. Last week mayors throughout the county, including Mayor Ditslear of Noblesville, accepted a Super Scarf from the Super Bowl Host Committee to commemorate Hamilton County's achievement (pictured at right). Noblesville Girl Scouts were also recognized for contributing around 1,300 Super Welcome Cards!
2. Hamilton County Visitor Center hours are extended in Carmel, Fishers, and Noblesville from January 28-February 6.
3. Super Transportation
Are you planning on using a Super Celebration Bus to get downtown? If you are riding from either Clay Terrace or the Fashion Mall please keep these things in mind:
•The Super Celebration Bus service is complimentary. No reservations or advance seating are accepted. The service is a first-come, first-served program.
•Arrive early and plan to leave early for best service. Riders will need to be flexible if volume is high. Be aware of alternative transportation plans and "Know Before You Go" for best travel and parking plans!
If you are staying in Hamilton County and want to get around, utilize our Super Celebration Circulator Shuttles. The free shuttles will run from hotels to area restaurants. The service will run February 3-4 from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Learn more!
4. Take advantage of specials at local restaurants including: Grille 39, the food court at Laser Flash, Zacky's Hot Dogs, Mudbugs Cajun Café, the restaurant in DoubleTree Guest Suites, and Detour an American Grille!
5. Pick up a Big Game Dining & Entertainment Guide to will help you get around the Super Celebration Sites of Carmel, Fishers, and Noblesville. Available for download on our Big Game page under ‘Big Game Guide' or available at area hotels and restaurants.
6. Combining Indiana's racing fame with your favorite football teams, the Super Car program is locating 7 Super Cars in the Hamilton County area. Cars and locations include: Tampa Bay Buccaneers car at Clay Terrace Lifestyle Center, Chicago Bears car at Conner Prairie Interactive History Park, Buffalo Bills car at Hamilton Town Center, Cincinnati Bengals car at Fishers Train Station, San Francisco 49ers car at Indiana Design Center, Philadelphia Eagles car at Fashion Mall, and Jacksonville Jaguars car at The Palladium at the Center for the Performing Arts.
Check in at each car location on FourSquare for special tips and maybe even a chance for a prize!
7. Are you a sandwich lover? While none of the Hamilton County competitors made the final round of the Super 46 Sandwich competition, they are still extremely delicious and worthy of sinking your teeth in to!
8. Be on the lookout for roaming Cheer Mobs who might just show up where you're staying or dining and treat you to some super spirit!
We have a SUPER site with even more details on the above, plus more. Visit www.8GreatTowns.com/BigGame for planning a SUPER time in Hamilton County!