Want to know more about the upcoming My Marsh Classic? We've got 8 things you need to know! Let's start with the basics: The My Marsh Classic is a three-day, all caddied, 54-hole stroke play professional tournament. It is also one of the newest tournaments on the Symetra Tour and features one of the largest purses too! The My Marsh Classic is a chance for the young female golfers of the Symetra Tour to show off their skills and for you to see golf up close. The Symetra Tour is known as the Road to the LPGA (Ladies Professional Golf Association) because helps to prepare young lady golfers for spot on the LPGA Tour.
1. When is all the action? The My Marsh Classic is taking place May 28- June 3. From May 28- 31, pro-ams, volunteer training and other activities will be taking place. The rounds of the tournament will begin on Friday, June 1 and continue until the finals on Sunday, June 3. View the full schedule on the tournament website.
2. Location, location, location! The tournament will be held at The Hawthorns Golf & Country Club. This normally private club will open its doors to the public for the My Marsh Classic. The course was designed by Arthur Hills and has hosted other tournaments ranging from US Open qualifiers to the NCAA Division III Championship.
3. You have a chance to play with the pros! If you register for the Pro-Am event on May 31, you and your team will be paired with one of the Symetra Tour professionals for the day. Each team will play 18 holes in a scramble format and all will be eligible for contests and prizes throughout the day of play!
4. Do you have a young one who is interested in learning the basics of golf? Bring them out to the FREE Junior Golf Clinic on May 29! LPGA pros will be teaching the basics in a hands-on format that's appropriate for kids ages 6-15. Registration is appreciated and junior golfers need to bring a club with them.
5. The My Marsh Classic is truly a family event, especially with the addition of the Conner Prairie Craft Corner. This area is perfect for younger kids to get excited about golf. Kids will be able to make crafts like clay golf balls and then have them signed by LPGA golfers!
6. There will be two Hamilton County locals competing in the My Marsh Classic! Brittany Kelly is from Fishers, Indiana and attended Ball State University where she gained the skills to be qualified for the LPGA Symetra Tour. You can follow her journey through the tour, including her involvement in the My Marsh Classic, by following her on Twitter and Facebook. Also participating is Aimee Neff from Carmel, Indiana. After winning the 2007 state championship in Indiana, she went on to win the 2011 Big Ten championship. Her impressive school careers have lead Aimee to now be in her second season with the Symetra Tour!
7. You can pick up your tickets to the My Marsh Classic at ANY of the 70 central Indiana Marsh Supermarket locations. Not only does this make buying tickets super convenient, but for each ticket purchased at Marsh Supermarkets, 10% of the proceeds will go to the Muscular Dystrophy Association! There are also several options for discount tickets including active military and students, and kids 16 and under are FREE with the purchase of an adult ticket. What a great, affordable family event!
8. Now that you know all about the My Marsh Classic golf tournament, we're sure that you just can't wait to get your hands on some tickets! Well you are in luck- we've got a great golf package that you could win just for commenting on this blog post! Simply comment below and tell us why you're excited for the upcoming My Marsh Classic and you'll be entered to win 4 three-day passes to the My Marsh Classic tournament that can be used June 1-3 AND 2 certificates to Purgatory Golf Club that are good for 18 holes of golf with a golf cart included. It's the ultimate give away for a family who loves to golf! We will pick a winner on Friday, May 18, so comment away!