If you're thinking of visiting Hamilton County to celebrate Valentine's Day with your sweetie, we've got some date ideas for you! From the old favorite dinner and a movie, to something more unique like an art show opening, we've got ideas for all types of couples. Read on for those ideas and more, but also browse our online calendar of events and dining options for even more date night ideas!
1. Grab tickets to a local theater production. The Center for the Performing Arts is playing host to two different productions that have show times throughout the weekend: Actors Theatre of Indiana is presenting The Musical of Musicals and Civic Theater is presenting Fox on the Fairway. If you'd love a laugh, try They Came Form Mars & Landed Outside the Farndale Avenue Church Hall in Time for the Townswoman's... at the Belfry Theater.
2. If you and your mate adore history, reserve your seats at a Hearthside Supper at Conner Prairie. You'll both get a lesson in preparing an early 19th Century meal and then feast on it by candlelight. It'll be a meal for the history books!
3. Head to the Nickel Plate Arts Campus for the opening of their newest exhibit: Love, Lust & Poetry. Opening night will feature live music and poetry readings as well as the art exhibit. If the lovey-dovey stuff is not your style, opt to attend "Anti-Valentine's Day" on February 15 where poets and writers will read works that speak to the frustrating side of love.
4. Prairie View Golf Club is hosting a special Valentine Dinner that's perfect for two to share! Enjoy three courses of delectable eats from the Albatross Grille while gazing out of the large windows to see the golf course. Another fancy option is the four course dinner being hosted at Grille 39. This Valentine meal also includes a champagne toast!
5. Take your sweetie to hear some tunes. If classical is your style, don't miss the Indiana Wind Symphony presents: Mahler and Mozart on February 16. For more sounds that will transport you to another place, try Special Hedgehog Music Showcase show featuring John Jorgenson. There you can hear original and classic gypsy jazz music in the style of Django Reinhardt and Stephane Grappelli from 1930s Paris.
6. Love to cook with or for your loved ones? Hit up the Winter Market in Carmel City Center on Saturday mornings for ingredients. Or if you're unsure of your skills, register for a cooking class at Cooking Greek so you can both learn how to prepare a Greek feast! They are even offering special Valentine classes.
7. You can hardly go wrong with the classic date combo of dinner and a movie! Catch a flick at the Hamilton 16 IMAX theater then head to one of the many great restaurants in Hamilton County. Sushi lovers will enjoy Taste of Sensu, Tenderloin enthusiasts will love Nickel Plate Bar & Grill, and steak eaters will adore Sullivan's Steakhouse. To find the perfect dining spot for you and your date, browse our dining page.
8. Why not sip some wine with the one you love? Explore all of the options at Shiraz by tasting wines before you pick a bottle. Or head to the Chateau Thomas Winery tasting room in Fishers to enjoy some vino and music. If you'd rather have your wine to-go, chat with an expert at Vine & Table who will help you make the perfect wine selection for any occasion!
If you'd both like to extend your exploration of Hamilton County, why not make it a whole weekend celebration of Valentine's Day? Check out our vacation ideas for even more Valentine-worthy events!