It's time again to make plans for New Year's Eve! Whether you plan to have several resolutions or none at all, it's important to celebrate adequately. Many New Year's Eve celebrations require reserving in advance, so resolve to not procrastinate in securing your seat to New Year's fun in Hamilton County!
1. Start your resolution of whipping yourself into shape a little early at Race to the New Year. This annual 5K walk and run will wind through scenic Cool Creek Park on December 29. Best of all, this event won't bust your new 2013 budget either, it's only $25 to register!
2. Treat yourself to seven courses of freshly prepared food at the Seasons 52 New Year's Eve Wine Dinner. Each tasting course will be expertly paired with win from Seasons 52's award-winning wine list. It's the perfect way to celebrate for foodies and wine enthusiasts!
3. Ring in the New Year in style at the beautiful Mansion at Oak Hill. Enjoy hors d'oeuvres, fillet and shrimp dinner, and a variety lavish desserts at the New Year's Eve party. Then dance the night away and into the New Year with the sounds of the "Five Easy Pieces" band!
4. Sip wine, munch on snacks, and clink champagne-filled glasses at the New Year's Eve Celebration at Chateau Thomas Winery in Fishers. There will be a selection of Chateau Thomas Winery wines and also music from Jon Barnard and LJ Mechem who will be playing Classic Top 40's Hits for your entertainment.
5. Sit back and relax at the Hamilton 16 IMAX movie theater. Enjoy a cinematic adventure with family and friends on New Years Eve or New Year's Day, this great theater is open all day every day (even Christmas Day!)
6. Wine, wine and more wine! Head to Shiraz for their New Year's Eve Celebration. Enjoy an array of menu items, a champagne toast, music and dancing, and of course wine.
7. Take it easy on New Year's Day and enjoy some shopping and antiquing. The Carmel Old Town Antique Mall will be open on special hours on New Years Day- from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Stop by and browse the many booths of treasures and sample snacks as well.
8. Make a resolution to explore more of Hamilton County in 2013! Mine our helpful website for ideas for exploring the arts, the outdoors, shopping, culinary delights, and of course attractions! If your resolutions are more tech based, be more social with us online! Just start by unpacking our social suitcase to see how to stay connected with us on the web.
Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year from all of us here at the Hamilton County Convention and Visitors Bureau!