• Apple Store at Conner Prairie (Sept. 1-Oct. 31) - A few years back I hit this place and my mouth was melting over their pumpkin donuts! Foolishly I didn't buy enough and had to share with my daughter. I will not make that same mistake twice! Plus, stock up on cider, caramel apples and fudge.
• Stoneycreek Farm's 41st Annual Pumpkin Harvest Festival (Sept. 28-Oct. 31) - On my list every year is to visit a pumpkin patch because really, who doesn't enjoy a good old-fashion trip to the pumpkin patch? For one whole month you can explore Stoneycreek's country market, farm animals and playground equipment. And for a small additional fee hitch a ride on the hay wagon to the pumpkin patch, get lost in the straw maze, spook yourself in the haunted house and experience other kid friendly activities.
• Diggin' Through the Past (Sept. 28) - I am a sucker for FREE events for the family and one that incorporates a little bit of history too ... Sign me up. From 4-8pm at Strawtown Koteewi Park in Noblesville, you can take part in archaeology programs and identification, tour the park and enjoy performances by American Indian musicians. And that's not even all ... there are wagon rides, arts and crafts and food vendors too!
• Oktoberfest (Oct. 4) - Again, a FREE event for families! From 6-10pm head to Carmel City Center and enter prize drawings, enjoy local food and, most importantly, listen to local band - Polkaboy.
• Fishers Renaissance Faire (Oct. 5-6) - I like history, but I like to experience it, not just read about it in a book. That's why this event is perfect. You can immerse yourself into the renaissance age in a whole new way. Take part in a period dance or observe a knighting ceremony. Spend the whole day and see how you would have "faired" back then!
So grab a pen and paper and start making your fall bucket list. Trust me, if you put these on your list you won't be disappointed! And if you need more ideas, be sure and check out Hamilton County's website which is full of more festivals, events and fall destination stops!
Would you like to attend a fall festival in Hamilton County for free? Comment on this blog post and share what's on your fall bucket list in Hamilton County, or what you'd like to try if you've never visited. We'll pick a lucky winner to receive a 4 pack of tickets to the Fishers Renaissance Faire!
Entries must be in by 2 p.m. on Friday, September 27. Winners will be announced via social media and contacted via the email address they supply when commenting.
This contest is now closed. Congratulations to the winner, Elizabeth!
For another chance to win prizes, enter our ongoing Fall Fun Instagram contest too!