The Town of Cicero might be small, but they sure know how to throw a 4th of July celebration. The Town of Cicero's Lights Over Morse Lake celebration is packed with special happenings. From hot air balloon rides to a music festival, Cicero is throwing a celebration bigger than your average fireworks display. Here are just a few of the ways you can celebrate in Cicero:
- From 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday through Monday, July 2 - 4, there will be a Kids Carnival behind the Hamilton North Public Library. Bring the whole family and enjoy a bounce house and a petting zoo!
- On Saturday, July 2, see how the Union and Confederate soldiers lived at the Pioneer Village. When you're at the Village, do not miss the Civil War era women's fashion show from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. After the show, grab a partner for the 7 p.m. Civil War era dance.
- Want to make your own history? Check out the Cicero Kiwanis Cornhorn Tournament for a chance to win a first prize of $250. The warm up and registration starts at 1 p.m. on Saturday, July 2 at Wolfies Waterfront Grill. Registration is $25 per team.
- See a different kind of beautiful display in the sky with a hot-air balloon ride. Come to the Cicero Sports Complex at 6:30 p.m. on Sunday, July 3, for a ride that will ascend up to 100 feet in the air. Tickets are $12 per person.
- After the ride, sit back and relax during the Balloon Glow, a beautiful display of hot air balloons at sunset.
- Be sure to get a good night's rest because you will want to be up bright and early with sparklers in hand! Bring the kids and join the parade starting at 9 a.m. on Monday, July 4, right behind the Hamilton North Public Library. Register for the parade at the library or online. There is no entry fee, though donations will be accepted.
As a finale for the weekend, check out the fireworks! The show will start at nightfall on July 4 near the Red Bridge in Cicero.
- Traveling to join the celebration? No worries! Travel by rail and take Indiana Transportation Museum's Fireworks Train to Cicero. Round trip tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for children.