The Town of Cicero might be small, but they sure know how to throw a 4th of July celebration. The Town of Cicero's Lights Over Morse Lake celebration is packed with special happenings. From hot air balloon rides to a music festival, Cicero is throwing a celebration bigger than your average fireworks display. Here are just a few of the ways you can celebrate in Cicero:
- From 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday through Monday, July 2 - 4, there will be a Kids Carnival behind the Hamilton North Public Library. Bring the whole family and enjoy a bounce house and a petting zoo!
- On Saturday, July 2, see how the Union and Confederate soldiers lived at the Pioneer Village. When you're at the Village, do not miss the Civil War era women's fashion show from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. After the show, grab a partner for the 7 p.m. Civil War era dance.
- Want to make your own history? Check out the Cicero Kiwanis Cornhorn Tournament for a chance to win a first prize of $250. The warm up and registration starts at 1 p.m. on Saturday, July 2 at Wolfies Waterfront Grill. Registration is $25 per team.
- See a different kind of beautiful display in the sky with a hot-air balloon ride. Come to the Cicero Sports Complex at 6:30 p.m. on Sunday, July 3, for a ride that will ascend up to 100 feet in the air. Tickets are $12 per person.
- After the ride, sit back and relax during the Balloon Glow, a beautiful display of hot air balloons at sunset.
- Be sure to get a good night's rest because you will want to be up bright and early with sparklers in hand! Bring the kids and join the parade starting at 9 a.m. on Monday, July 4, right behind the Hamilton North Public Library. Register for the parade at the library or online. There is no entry fee, though donations will be accepted.
- As a finale for the weekend, check out the fireworks! The show will start at nightfall on July 4 near the Red Bridge in Cicero.
- Traveling to join the celebration? No worries! Travel by rail and take Indiana Transportation Museum's Fireworks Train to Cicero. Round trip tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for children.
Throw in a talent show, soccer tournament and music festival, and you quickly see that Cicero knows how to celebrate our Independence Day! How will you be spending your 4th of July weekend? We would love to hear about it in the comments section below.