You’ve made your holiday shopping list, and checked it twice: but what do you get for the person who has it all? Sometimes, the best gifts aren’t things, but experiences. Give the gift of an attraction pass, art class, cooking class and more ideas from Hamilton County, Indiana.
- Step into the story at Conner Prairie year-round with a membership, which includes free daytime general admission to Conner Prairie, discounted admission for select events like Headless Horseman and A Merry Prairie Holiday, shopping and dining discounts and more.
For the DIYer
- Let your loved one customize their own homemade bath and body products with a gift card to Bath Junkie. Guests can redeem in-store and mix and match scents to find the perfect blend.
- A gift card to Penn & Beech Candle Co. allows the recipient to pour their own soy wax candle. With more than 100 fragrances to choose from, guests can customize to their ideal scent profiles.
For the Art Lover
- Get hands-on with take-home art kits from Caravan Classes, or certificates for a future art class or workshop.
- Purchase a gift certificate to a pottery studio, like Kiln Creations or uPaint Pottery Studio, for a future painting experience.
- Support Nickel Plate Arts with the gift of an individual or family membership, which allows guests to participate in many of its arts activities for free for one year.
- Share the performing arts with a gift certificate to the Center for the Performing Arts or a gift card to Feinstein's at Hotel Carmichael.
For the Outdoor Adventurer
- Buying a gift for a thrill seeker? A season pass to Edge Adventures Koteewi: Aerial Adventure Park is perfect for someone who loves to zipline – and isn’t afraid of heights.
- Koteewi Range offers private lessons for those looking to learn archery or improve their skills, as well as membership for access to the ranges.
- The cure for cabin fever? A gift certificate to slide down the sledding hill at Koteewi Run Seasonal Slopes, open December through February. No need to wait for a snowstorm; they make their own snow!
- Summer is synonymous with outdoor adventure like kayak and canoe trips. Get a gift certificate for an excursion with White River Canoe Company.
For the Foodie
- Who doesn’t like food? Whether it's in-person dining or curbside carryout, it’s important to support our local restaurant community now and in the future. Purchase a gift card to your loved one’s favorite local restaurant – or one they haven’t been to yet.
- Indie Coffee Roasters hosts coffee cupping classes throughout the year. Whether you’re looking to develop your coffee palette or want to start from scratch, this hour-long class includes coffee education and samples, of course.
- Do you have a budding young chef in your midst? Sprouts Cooking School is Indiana’s only cooking school just for kids, and they host classes regularly for children of all ages to learn cooking and baking techniques.
- It’s hard to go wrong with chocolate. And if it’s from XChocol’Art, it’s even better. Purchase an at-home chocolate tasting kit for a loved one. Owner Joann Hofer also offers in-person chocolate making classes, too.
For the Golfer
- For the golf lover, there are dozens of renowned golf courses to choose from in Hamilton County, home of Indiana’s Premier Golf. Stuff their stocking with gift cards for tee times and golf rentals.
For more events and things to do this winter in Hamilton County, Indiana visit our events calendar or check out our holiday guide, and be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.