Have you heard the news? Winter is the new summer in Hamilton County. Why? Because there's so much to do! Don't believe us? Check out the top 10 items on our 2016 winter bucket list:
2. Get your skate on at cosmic skate nights on Fridays and Saturdays at Carmel Ice Skadium. Cosmic skate begins at 7:30 p.m. with lights, music and more.
3. Grab some local maple syrup for your weekend pancake breakfast at the Carmel Winter Farmer's Market. It's indoors, so no need to wear a snowsuit.
4. Jump off cabin fever at SkyZone. Kids can bounce out their energy at the trampoline park complete with basketball hoops and foam pits!
7. Put pedal to metal at K1 Speed's indoor go-kart racetrack. K1 Speed uses electric karts only, making the karts faster, quieter and easier to drive than gas powered karts.
9. Get crafty at a Nickel Plate Arts - now offering kids classes as well! The season will kick off with "Lettering for Little Rebels." Budding graphic designers, crafters, architects, comic illustrators and artists (age 8 and up) will love blazing their own type trail through the art of hand lettering and calligraphy.
10. Raise a glass to Indiana's 200th birthday on the BrewsLine Bicentennial Brew Tour. Sip on local craft brews while brewery owners share secrets of Indiana and Hamilton County history that you won't find in a history book (Keep reading!).
Every Sunday January through May, tour goers will sample beers named for or brewed with ingredients relevant to Hamilton County and Indiana history. Bicentennial Brew tour stops include Deer Creek Brewery, Deviate Brewing, Grand Junction Brewing Company, Heady Hollow Brewing Company and Sun King Fishers Tap Room.
While you sip, brewery representatives will share backstories behind the beers. You'll hear the spooky legend of Heady Hollow, why squirrels are a weird part of Hamilton County history and more.
In addition to the BrewsLine tours, Indiana on Tap will host Bicentennial Pours and Pints events at each brewery featured once a month where people can enjoy specials. The first Bicentennial Pours and Pints is January 14 at Deviate Brewing in Carmel!