Fall in Hamilton County, Indiana is ushered in with the leaves changing to bright colors, crisp air and weekends filled with train rides, haunted hayrides, tasty treats and of course festivals and fairs. Below is a guide to some of the festivals this season, pick just one or come to them all - you surely won't be disappointed! Enjoy your 8 Great Towns weekend escape...
- The Apple Store at Conner Prairie
- September 1- November 1 - Conner Prairie's 18th annual Apple Store is filled with fresh, hand-dipped caramel covered apples, cider slushies, apple butter, candy and seasonal home decorations. Take the treat with you or if you can't wait relax outside on one of the picnic tables - I can't think of a better way to enjoy a fall afternoon...
- 23rd Annual Tour of Historic Homes
- September 12 Enjoy a September stroll through the storied structures & residences of Noblesville.
- Art in the Park
- September 19 - Visit the Municipal Center of Fishers where musicians, dancers and other performers will entertain you while you browse and shop through the one of a kind jewelry, pottery, paintings and more on display.
- Country Fair
- September 19-20 - Country Fair is all about celebrating Indiana's Farm Heritage! The 1886 Agricultural Fair has been re-created so that visitors can see a bearded lady, have their fortune read and play a historic game of base ball.
- Stonycreek Farm Pumpkin Harvest Festival
- September 26-October 31 It is a local tradition to kick off fall at Stonycreek Farm! Hayrides, a pumpkin patch, farm animals and beautiful fall colors will greet you when you arrive at the Pumpkin Harvest. Carmel International Arts Festival
September 26-27 - This free event offers artists exhibiting in watercolor, oil, 2D, 3D, jewelry, photography, wood, sculpture, pottery and more. The art is then coupled with tempting food vendors, outstanding restaurants and local shops within the Arts and Design District.
"Carmel International Arts Festival"
- Atlanta New Earth Festival (take the Earthfest train!) September 26-27 Visit the small town of Atlanta for the 36th Annual New Earth Festival. Over 80,000 people come for the fine arts, food and crafts. Start the day at Forest Park in Noblesville, where you can hop aboard the Earthfest train to make the journey to Atlanta. 10th Annual Potter's Bridge Festival October 3 More than 40 arts & crafts booths plus a climbing wall, food, live music and kid's activities will be featured at this free, fun annual event!
- Fishers Renaissance Faire October 3-4 Held on the grounds of historic Conner Prairie, the 5th Annual Fishers Renfaire offers visitors the opportunity to experience: jousting, archery, sword fighting, period music, Shakespeare vignettes, pirates, Queen Elizabeth's court, demonstrations of period craftsman, falconry, parades, AND provides for a unique food and shopping experience. There is also a dedicated children's game area and much, much more!
- Sheridan Harvest Moon Festival October 3-4 This weekend long event kicks off with a classic car show and is non stop entertainment of food, music, arts and a "Pumpkin Chuck" contest.
- Autumnfest October 10 This free fall celebration is held in the quaint downtown of Arcadia. Join in for a festival of arts, crafts, food, pumpkin decorating, antiques, collectibles and more!
- Headless Horseman at Conner Prairie
- October 16-18, 21-25, 28-30 Hop on a haunted hayride tour of Conner Prairie, but be on the lookout for ghosts as they warn you about the Headless Horseman.... Stick around for ghost stories, campfires and music. "Headless Horseman"
Art in the Park - Photo from FishersArtCouncil.org
"Fishers Renaissance Faire"