Summer is coming to an end, but there is still plenty of fun to be had in Hamilton County, Indiana. We've rounded up a list of 20 fun activities to do in Hamilton County, Indiana as your last hurrahs of summer. Less time searching for activities means more time playing! You've got your choice of concerts, outdoor fun and more.
1. Catch the moving play More Light: Douglass Returns by Celeste Williams at Conner Prairie.
2. Grab your beach towel and swimsuit and head to Morse Park & Beach for a day of fun at the Morse Beach Aqua Adventure Park. Read more on our blog.
3. Bring a blanket or lawn chair to the final Tuesday Night Concert at the Nickle Plate District Amphitheater - arrive early to get a good spot.
4. Experience a unique farm-to-table meal featuring local music, art and cuisine at Meals from the Market.
5. Climb one last time at Koteewi Aerial Adventure Treetop Trails. Save 10% on any adventure Aug. 12 by wearing your school gear.
6. Learn about healthy eating at the Sack Lunch Ride with Bike Carmel. This 10 mile ride will have a healthy snack that can go toward a school sack lunch gearing kids up for school to start.
7. Splash away while creek stomping at Cool Creek Park & Nature Center.
8. Float down the lazy river and enjoy one last dip at The Waterpark at the Monon Community Center.
9. Apparate over to The Museum of Miniature Houses & Other Collections to see the Harry Potter Exhibit with the kids.
10. Rent a bike from a Carmel or Westfield bike share station and ride along the Monon Trail.
11. Listen to tunes at the Summer Family Concert Series at the Carmel Gazebo.
12. Grab your closest 7-15 friends for a non-booze tour of Fishers with the Pint Cycle Non-Booze Cruise Group Tour.
13. Pack a picnic for one last stop at Kroger Symphony on the Prairie. Upcoming shows include Classical Mystery Tour: Music of the Beatles, Purple Veins: The Essential Prince Tribute Band and more. Read our guide to #SOTP on our blog.
14. Get a scoop of ice cream at Bub's Burgers & Ice Cream or another local favorite.
15. Release your creative side at Second Saturday at Nickle Plate Arts. Families and couples all encouraged to create an art piece around the theme of the week.
16. Rock out to a concert at Klipsch Music Center. Coming up: Green Day, Kings of Leon, Luke Bryan and more. Find the full concert schedule here. *Please note as of Oct. 2017, this venue is known as Ruoff Home Mortgage Music Center.
17. Dress in your Sunday best for a tea party at Tina's Traditional Old English Kitchen in Carmel.
18. Rent a nature backpack through Second Nature and check out the trails at Flat Fork Creek Park. There are backpacks for all ages that can be reserved at the Fishers Parks and Recreation Office.
19. Cool off at a local splash pad - find a full list on our blog.
20. Experience the Great American Eclipse at Nickel Plate Amphitheater with free MoonPies and eclipse glasses. August 21st 1-4 p.m.
Have more ideas for this list of summer fun? Let us know what's on YOUR summer bucket list. Don't forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and tag us in your photos with #VisitHC to share your experience. Stay cool!