You don’t have to hail from the Emerald Isle to experience the luck O’ the Irish this St. Patrick’s Day. Food and fun abound in Hamilton County, where Irish pubs and events are in no short supply. Here are five options for St. Patty’s that will leave your friends feeling green with envy:
1. Start your celebration at Brockway Public House, home to Indy’s best pint of Guinness. Speaking of, kick off your St. Patrick’s Day celebrating with a cup of Guinness beef stew. Brockway braises tender beef, carrots and potatoes in a Guinness broth for a hearty appetizer even a leprechaun could polish off.
2. Head to Four Day Ray’s Firkin St. Patrick’s Day for a two-day tent and patio party! FDR will tap the new Irish Red and host a naming contest for the beer. Enjoy beer from Indiana breweries for your firkin enjoyment in the Firkin Garden while listening to live music.
3. You’ll want to go north next to check out Grand Junction Brewing Company’s grand opening of the new taproom and production facility in Westfield. The St. Patty’s day celebration continues with live music, food trucks and more than taps of award-winning, handcrafted beer.
4. Mo’s Irish Pub in Noblesville is your next stop for a St. Pat’s Day favorite: green beer! Enjoy your chartreuse suds while enjoying musical traditions of The Motherland. Live bands, Irish dancers and bagpipes await while you sip and munch on a Reuben sandwich.
5. Keep the celebration going into the following weekend because Blackhawk Winery is hosting you and your friends for “Wee Bites with Wine: Irish Appetizers.” Here at Hamilton County’s award-winning winery and vineyard, you can please your palate with stuffed baby red potatoes, sausage rolls with Ballymaloe original sauce, Guinness chocolate cake and more.
Cheers to your best St. Patrick’s Day yet in Hamilton County!