If you are already planning a weekend getaway to Hamilton County's 8 Great Towns or if you have guests visiting for the holiday weekend, here are 8 Great Active Things to do in Hamilton County, Indiana this weekend.
1. Run or walk in the inaugural Wishbone 5K at the YMCA in Fishers, Indiana, starting Saturday at 8 a.m. Families welcome. Online registration is closed, but you can register Wednesday, 5 to 8 p.m. or on-site.
2. Pretend you're at the beach. Take a dip in the pool at the Monon Community Center. Kids can splish, splash and slide down the water slides.
3. Get your bowl on at Pinheads in Fishers or Coopers Stardust Bowl in Noblesville, Indiana. On Thursday at Coopers, bowling is $20 per lane from 5 to 9 p.m.; night owls can enjoy glow-in-the-dark cosmic bowling from 9 to 11 p.m.
4. Strap on your pedometer for your Black Friday shopping. At the end of the day, see who found the best deals and who got in the most steps. Aim for at least 10,000 steps.
6. Head to the Arctic Zone Iceplex in Westfield, Indiana, and lace up your ice skates! Check here for public skating hours, Friday-Sunday.
7. Challenge your friends to a friendly game of laser tag at Laser Flash in Carmel, Indiana. Call ahead for reservations at (317) 571-1677.
8. Start decking your halls for the holidays! Start with a trip to Stonycreek Farm in Noblesville to choose and cut down your Christmas tree!
*For a complete listing of things do in Hamilton County, Indiana visit our online calendar at 8GreatTowns.com!