My favorite holiday, Thanksgiving, is just around the corner! Good food, good company - and no stress about what presents to give. If you are in the central Indiana area, here are a few great ways to celebrate Turkey Day in Hamilton County: Thanksgiving Celebrations:
- All seniors, ages 50+, are welcome to stop by Billericay Park in Fishers to celebrate a few days early. The Thanksgiving Senior Luncheon will be hosted from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. on Tuesday, November 23 - and all of the yummy fixings will be on hand.
- Starting a little earlier on Turkey Day (11 a.m.), is the Renaissance Thanksgiving Buffet. This four hour event that offers all of the tasty food traditions of Thanksgiving Day.
- Each year on Thanksgiving Day, the Mansion at Oak Hill in Carmel offers a delicious Thanksgiving Dinner, perfect for the entire family. The 2010 event begins at 12:15 p.m.
Day After: Sure, turkey is delicious - but so are the Black Friday sales. Here are a few Hamilton County, Indiana shopping spots that you can not miss the day after Thanksgiving:
- Black Friday Sales at Clay Terrace and Hamilton Town Center - these outdoor lifestyle shopping centers offer the biggest names in shopping!
- Looking to find unique, unusual and fun gifts? Stop by the Old Town Carmel Antique Mall for their Annual "Antiques Make Great Gifts" Party. Hosted Friday, November 26 from 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Escape the usual post Thanksgiving weekend traffic and hop aboard the Holiday Shoppers Express Train Ride. This Saturday, November 27 excursion departs from the Fishers Train Station and takes guests to downtown Noblesville, where over 40 unique specialty shops and restaurants await eager shoppers. Trains depart from Fishers Train Station at 9:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. The trains then leave Noblesville at 10:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Most importantly, please have a happy and safe holiday season!