Named one of the best Labor Day weekend getaways by BestProducts.com, Hamilton County, Indiana is ideal for a weekend getaway with family or friends. Soak up the sunshine and enjoy the final days of summer with our list of things to do for Labor Day weekend in Carmel, Fishers, Noblesville and Westfield, Indiana.
Things to Do for Labor Day
1. Dine at a local restaurant offering a three-course, value-priced menu for Devour Indy Summerfest.
2. Visit Spencer Farm for u-pick options like raspberries and mums - and end your visit with a glass of wine and charcuterie board at Spencer Farm Winery, located in a restored farmhouse on-site.
3. Listen to music under the stars at Fishers Blues Fest at the Nickel Plate District amphitheater.
4. Enjoy a live performance by 80s band 16 Candles at Federal Hill Commons Sept. 5.
5. Immerse yourself in a sea of sunflowers - seven acres, to be precise - at the Sunflower Festival at Stuckey Farm Orchard and Cider Mill.
6. Spend Saturday morning at one of the local farmers’ markets picking up fresh produce and other artisan products.
7. Walk or bike along the Monon Trail, which stretches north to Sheridan and connects south to Broad Ripple and Indianapolis.
8. Explore the growing Fishers District near IKEA, with local favorites like Sun King Brewery and The HC Tavern & Kitchen.
9. Pack a picnic and check out a local park you've never visited, like Flat Fork Creek Park or MacGregor Park.
10. Hit the links at one of Indiana’s Premier Golf courses for a round of golf - or at Topgolf in Fishers.
11. Splash around at the Monon Waterpark to soak up the final days of summer.
12. Book an outdoor adventure at Strawtown Koteewi Park, like ziplining, horseback riding or archery.
13. Canoe or tube down the White River with White River Canoe Company.
14. Ride the 1859 Balloon Voyage at Conner Prairie.
15. Sleep in and savor a lazy brunch at a local breakfast spot like Rosie's Place or Eggshell Bistro.