Innkeepers tax dollars through Hamilton County Tourism have contributed almost $11 million in grants and support funding since 2005. We focus on:
- Hamilton County Sports Authority grants and sponsorship funding in addition to thousands of bid securement funds
- Community Development grants and event sponsorship funding
- Enterprise Fund dollars, some of which could focus on projects that make a difference in tourism
- Special Projects funding for a 4-H Fairgrounds brand program, White River Vision Plan, Nickel Plate Express support and more
- Nickel Plate Arts funding, a project which supports the five communities in eastern Hamilton County
- Charitable fundraising donations
- Marketing co-op money
Major projects that Hamilton County Tourism has supported include Grand Park, The Center for the Performing Arts – Palladium in Carmel, Conner Prairie Balloon Voyage and Conner House re-restoration in Fishers, Fishers Nickel Plate District Amphitheater, Strawtown Koteewi Park, hospitality corridor signage for the City of Carmel, Nickel Plate Arts campus development in ongoing support, ballpark enhancements throughout the county and various bike share installations.
Destination Development projects are determined by a team consisting of county council members, tourism board & commission members and Hamilton County Tourism staff.