In addition to funding, Hamilton County Tourism regularly explores other opportunities to support community development:
- HCT employees support community by contributing volunteer hours to non-profit organizations and parks.
- The staff works with local experts to raise awareness about social issues that intersect with tourism, such as the creation of a human trafficking training process to educate front-line hotel staff (resource link).
- Gift packages with goods and gift certificates from local businesses are given to charitable organizations for silent auctions, fundraisers, etc. If your organization is interested, please email Sarah Buckner. Gift baskets are distributed until supplies run out. We recommend you ask earlier in the year, even if your event is later in the year. One gift basket per organization only, please.
- HCT has an aggressive recycling program for brochure development and distribution, uses a fuel-efficient company vehicle, and recycles plastic and aluminum goods used by staff during the workday.
- Hamilton County Tourism’s subsidiary, the Hamilton County Sports Authority, provides funding for tournaments and programs.
- Give Back While You Gather is a program for groups that want to serve during a conference, wedding or event.
Questions about the Hamilton County Tourism Gives grant program should be directed to Sarah Buckner, Assistant Director of Community Engagement.