Opportunity Awaits in Hamilton County, Indiana
Welcome to Hamilton County Indiana! Hoosier Hospitality is our culture and you will find a unique blend of communities that define sophistication, have entrepreneurial spirit, as well as home town charm. Walkable downtowns, waterfront access, dynamic sports venues, cultural and food attractions, and open land all demonstrate the diversity of our county offerings.
Who We Are
With a growing population of 300,000+ residents, Hamilton County is a great place to live, work, learn and play. We are strategically located in the Indianapolis metropolitan area. Close to downtown Indianapolis and the award-winning Indianapolis International Airport, Hamilton County is within a one day drive of 50% of the U.S. population. We are listed as one of the fastest growing counties in the country and have earned a national designation as a Best Place to Live and Raise a Family.
Home to four midsized cities and vibrant communities that include award-winning schools and workforce training opportunities, the county offers Midwest affordability, low tax rates, safe, walkable downtowns that include thriving arts communities, dining, entertainment and shopping with easy commute times and abundant parking. The county also includes options for lakeside living or properties in the open country. Central Indiana enjoys four seasons living for a variety of outdoor sports and recreation all year round.
A short drive takes you to Indianapolis, the 16th largest city in the country and the state capitol. Home of the world-famous Indianapolis 500, The Indianapolis Colts, the Indiana Pacers, minor league soccer and baseball, and host of numerous college and professional champions, in addition to unique museums and cultural venues.
What We Are
The Hamilton County Economic Development Corporation redefined its mission in 2018 and is focused on promoting the county as a great place to live, work, learn and play in this thriving central Indiana area. We provide resources, connectivity, collaboration and opportunity for people interested in living and working in Hamilton County, Indiana.
Best Places to Live -
What Others are Saying
- Best Counties to Live in America – Niche.com 2018
- Healthiest Communities in America – US News & World Report 2019
- Named as one of the Coolest Suburbs in America – Apartment Therapy 2019
- #1 Best Place to Live in America – Town and Country Magazine 2018
- #1 Best Places in U.S. to Launch a Career – Money Magazine 2018
- 2020 Most Educated Cities Award for the State of Indiana Insurify
- America’s Best City for Families – The Mortgage Reports 2019
- Best Place to Live in Every State – Money Magazine 2018
- Ranked #1 Place to live in America – Money Magazine 2017
- World’s #1 Amphitheatre: Ruoff Home Mortgage Music Center – Pollstar 2018
- Top 5 Places to Live in Indiana – HomeSnacks 2019
- Top Sports Facility in the U.S. – Sports Destination Management 2018
- Top 100 Safest Cities in America – Neighborhood Scout 2019
Sign-Up for our eNewsletter
Want to stay up to date on Hamilton County? Sign up for updates on job opportunities, career and community events, resident blogs and featured companies.