Workforce Recovery Resources
COVID-19 has created the need for many displaced workers to find new employment. Below are helpful resources to explore that includes help with resume writing, interviewing, child care issues or leadership training.
Merrfield Career Management (Westfield)
Providing FREE videos that will help you Create a Winning Resume, along with a Guide to Linkedin for Jobseekers
Work One Noblesville
Local resources to help job seekers identify employment needs. Resources include job training and openings that match interests, skills and experience. These services are available to all workers including those who are career changers, unemployed, underemployed or dislocated due to layoff or downsizing.
Work One Videos
Job Search during COVID | Watch Video
Career Change | Watch Video
Career Explorer | Watch Video
Child Care Answers (Central Indiana)
Child Care Answers is a child care resource and referral program operated by Early Learning Indiana serving families, child care providers and the community to enhance access to quality child care services in Central IN.
Provides leadership and sales training as well as assessments for sales, emotional intelligence and predictive index.
JOB PLACEMENT CONNECTIONS
- TMap – Uses data to cultivate pipelines of qualified people for companies looking to fill top positions.
- Ascend Indiana – Consulting service that helps high growth companies identify, evaluate and secure education partners to build a custom talent pipeline.
- Work One Hamilton County – The WorkOne Center is the heart of the workforce development system. Staff help you find a new or better job, choose a career, access training or get the information needed to success.
- Next Level Jobs – Next Level Jobs is part of Governor Holcomb’s Next Level Indiana agenda to continue the positive momentum of our state. Under his leadership, with support from the General Assembly, Indiana is taking the state’s workforce to the next level with a focus on the high-priority industries and in-demand, high-paying jobs driving Indiana’s 21st Century economy forward.
- TechPoint Job Board – Features technology jobs in the central Indiana area.
- Hamilton County Hot Jobs - Facebook group that includes recent job postings from Hamilton County businesses
- Ivy Tech Noblesville - Ivy Tech Noblesville is a full service campus that has the services and classes available to help you be successful. Ivy Tech Community College offers two paths to a better future. If you want to start or advance your career fast, you can get a certificate or associate degree in two years or less. If you want a bachelor's degree, you can attend Ivy Tech then transfer to a four-year school, saving upward of $10,000.
- Launch Fishers – Created in partnership with the city of Fishers, Launch Fishers is a space for entrepreneurs, creatives, and innovators to flex their entrepreneurial spirit. We have plenty of spaces for collaboration, inspiration, and growth. Our open floor concept allows ideas to flow freely from one entrepreneur to another as we all work towards higher goals and more successes. Dedicated workspaces and private offices allow startups and high-potential enterprises to continue on their paths of success.
- IoT Lab Fishers – IoT technology has been expensive and difficult to create. The capital needed to buy the equipment created a barrier for innovative entrepreneurs and small companies with big ideas. The IoT Lab found a way to give small agile teams and innovators the resources to make their ideas come to life. IoT Labs offers pioneers in IoT technology those resources in one collaborative environment.
- Hub & Spoke – Fishers is a unique 94,000 square foot master-planned mixed-use development and partnership with the City of Fishers. It consists of a design center, coworking, and a makerspace which is a community workshop, innovation lab, and art studio where we will provide S.T.E.A.M. based hands-on experiential learning to develop a skilled workforce.
Professional License Information
- Insurance – Information on Indiana insurance license requirements and job opportunities.
- Indiana Nursing Programs and License requirements
- Indiana Professional License Agency
HAMILTON COUNTY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT PARTNERS
- Carmel – Home to over 120 corporate headquarters, Carmel’s key industries are software development/IT, Healthcare, Insurance, Project Management, and Supply Chain Management
- Fishers – Smart, Vibrant and Entrepreneurial are the key words to describe Fishers. Key industries include Software Development/Tech, Finance, Back Office Operations, and Construction Development
- Noblesville – The county seat has a thriving historic downtown and growing advanced manufacturing community. Key industries include Life Sciences, Innovative Manufacturing, and Information Technology
- Westfield – The city excels as a sports mecca after opening the Grand Park Sports Complex, one of the largest in the county covering 400 acres. Key industries for the area include Hospitality, Sports Businesses, and Advance Manufacturing
Hamilton County Chambers offer opportunities for businesses to network, advocate for government changes, provides professional services, job board postings, and professional growth and networking for young professionals and women’s groups.
- One Zone (Fishers and Carmel)
- Northern Hamilton County
- Indy Chamber - Provides regional and statewide connections and education