Hamilton County Tourism (HCT) values your privacy. This document describes the Hamilton County Tourism, Inc. (dba Visit Hamilton County, Indiana) policy regarding personal information, ongoing communication, site security and overall site usage of visithamiltoncounty.com and all other sites operated by HCT. These provisions apply solely to online activities and are not necessarily applicable to practices HCT may engage in outside of the website. Use of the website signifies your agreement to the terms and conditions of use set forth in this document. If you do not agree to these terms, you may not access or otherwise use this website.
- How to Contact Hamilton County Tourism
- Collection of Data
- Use of Information
- Data Security
- Contests / Enter to Win
- Comments Policy
- Partner Links
- Social Content Usage
How to Contact Hamilton County Tourism
37 E. Main Street
Carmel, IN 46032
For questions about privacy and data collection through VisitHamiltonCounty.com, contact email@example.com.
Collection of Data
We do not collect any personal information through VisitHamiltonCounty.com except that knowingly and willingly supplied by the visitor for the purpose of providing the services/information requested through our site. We will collect personal identification information from users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Personal identifying information may be collected through e-newsletter forms, online request forms, contests, feedback forms, surveys, personal interest forms, RFPs and mobile application forms. Any information that the customer provides, such as name, address, email, ZIP code and travel interests will be stored in a secure location and will be used only for those purposes stated. When you choose to submit such information, you are transferring that information to the United States of America and are consenting to such transfer. All data transferred will be/is encrypted (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure, or HTTPS) transfer, through Secure Sockets Layer, or SSL. Visitors can always refuse to supply personal identification information, noting that choosing to do so may prevent the user from engaging in certain site-related activities. Users of our services, such as e-newsletter subscriptions, may also withdraw consent for the use of their personal information at any time by updating their email subscription. To review, update, delete your collected data or to withdraw consent for use contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may collect non personal identification information about users whenever they interact with our website. We collect the domain name from each site visitor as well as statistical information, such as the number of visitors and the pages viewed. Non personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer being use, and technical information about the user’s means of connection to our site, such as the operating system and the internet service providers utilized, and other similar information.
Our site may use "cookies," tags, or scripts to enhance user experience, track users’ movements around the website, and to gather demographic information about our user base. You will have the option to choose whether to “opt in” for the use of “cookies” when you access the site. If you do choose to allow the use of the “cookies,” you may, at any time, choose to “opt out” of the use of the “cookies.”
Use of Information
The information collected by HCT will be used in the following ways:
- To send 10-20 emails per year relating to Hamilton County, Indiana travel ideas, promotions and contests based off selected interests.
- To improve the website.
- The information collected is for the use of only the HCT. The information will NOT be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to other companies for any reason whatsoever.
- HCT will disclose information to a trusted third party who assists in conducting research annually. There is always an opt-out option for the user.
- If at any time the user would like to stop receiving emails from visithamiltoncounty.com, a link to unsubscribe is at the bottom of each email. By following this link the user will automatically be removed from the promotions list.
- HCT maintains the list management.
- Contests are subject to all applicable laws and regulations and are void where prohibited.
- Contests and giveaways are in no way sponsored or endorsed by Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- HCT reserves the right to terminate or declare any contest null and void and rescind any prize, if in its sole judgment, the rules or the integrity of the contest have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or non intentionally by any person whether or not a contestant in the contest.
HCT employs processes intended to protect user information and maintain the security of data. We seek to protect our servers by locating them in areas with documented security procedures, by using firewalls and by implementing other security technologies. These safeguards help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of data. However, despite our preventative measures and those of our partners, no guarantee can be made that your information and data will be secure from intrusions and unauthorized release to third parties.
Contests/Enter to Win
Site users/visitors to VisitHamiltonCounty.com will have the opportunity enter to win various prizes based on promotions. Giveaways and contests will be held on the website and/ or social media sites. No fee or purchase from HCT is necessary to win any of the contests. A purchase or payment of any kind will not increase your chances of winning.
When entering any social contest, you may be required to supply your email address. That email address will be used to contact the winner and/or be subscribed to receive e-news updates from HCT. You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link at the bottom of the e-news emails.
Who Can Enter:
- Contests are open to all residents of the United States who are at least 18 years of age or older.
- Employees and families of contest partners, HCT staff and the advertising agency of choice are not eligible to enter or win contests.
- Entrants who qualify as winners and are under 18 years of age at the time of entry must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to redeem the prize.
Entering and Prizes:
- Unless otherwise noted, one entry is allowed per person during each promotional contest on the website or on social media. No single individual is allowed to win more than one contest per quarter.
- Unless otherwise noted, the winners will be drawn at random.
- Winners will be notified via the platform on which they entered the contest (Twitter, Facebook, email, etc.) and be told when and where the prize may be claimed. The selected potential winner must respond to the notification within the specified range of time noted at the time of the contest in order to claim the prize. Otherwise, the prize will be automatically forfeited.
- HCT is not responsible for any technical difficulties experienced due to overload, busy signals, loss of internet or phone service, electronic problems or any other factor that may prevent an individual from entry, participation or prize claim.
- Prize values range per giveaway. Prizes are non negotiable, cannot be switched or redeemed for cash. HCT is not responsible for replacing or reimbursing winners with any form of compensation for concerts or events that are canceled, rescheduled or delayed. Nor is HCT responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any partners connected with this competition.
- It is the sole responsibility of the winner to make any required reservations while redeeming any gift certificates. Other expenses while traveling to and from Hamilton County, Indiana are the responsibility of the winner. This includes but is not limited to any lodging tax and sales tax incurred while using hotel prize certificates currently a 7 percent sales tax and a 5 percent lodging tax based on the value of the hotel room.
Indiana Tax Bulletin 41
Information Bulletin #10
- The winner releases HCT, its employees, including without limitation their advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize. By accepting any prize, the winner acknowledges responsibility for tax associated with the prize and agrees to provide HCT with any information necessary for tax reporting purposes upon request.
- For photo and Instagram contests, HCT does not claim any ownership rights in photos that are posted on our Facebook “wall,” tweeted directly to HCT’s account or hashtagged with the specified contest tag. However, by sharing a picture, either through Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram the enterer hereby grants HCT a non exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, revocable, non transferable, perpetual license to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly display and/or reproduce, the photo, including without limitation in any online media formats and through any social media channels, pages or accounts. One can revoke this license at any time by contacting the HCT marketing department with any wishes to have the photo removed.
Hamilton County, Indiana travel, food, wine, festivals, events, shopping, attractions, hotels and more are discussed on the HCT website, blog and social media. HCT recognizes these topics are important to many people, and comments are invited. We are open to both positive and negative opinions. It is our policy to delete blatant personal attacks, profanity, unsolicited advertisements or extremely inappropriate comments.
Throughout the VisitHamiltonCounty.com site and occasionally in emails, links to third party (partners) websites are available to the user. These third party sites have separate privacy policies and are independent of HCT. Once the user leaves VisitHamiltonCounty.com, HCT is not responsible or liable for the content and activities of these linked sites.
Social Content Usage
Thank you for allowing Hamilton County Tourism, Inc. to use your content to showcase Hamilton County, Indiana to visitors. The content you submit to us remains your property. However, to make sure Hamilton County Tourism, Inc. is able to use the content you are providing to us, whether it is photos, text, graphics, audio, video, location information and comments (“User Content”), we kindly ask that you agree to the following terms.
You grant to Hamilton County Tourism, Inc. and its affiliates and marketing partners, the worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully-paid, non-exclusive, transferable right to use the User Content in any manner to be determined by Hamilton County Tourism, Inc. including but not limited to on its webpages, social media pages operated by Hamilton County Tourism, Inc., promotional emails and advertisements, and in other marketing, promotional and advertising initiatives, in any media now or hereafter known. Hamilton County Tourism, Inc. may use, display, reproduce, distribute, transmit, create derivative works from, combine with other materials, alter and/or edit the User Content in any manner. You grant Hamilton County Tourism, Inc. the right to use your username, real name, image, likeness, caption, location or other identifying information in connection with any use of the User Content, or to use the User Content without providing attribution. You represent and warrant that (i) you own all rights in and to the User Content, (ii) if the User Content is subject to any third party rights, you have all necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions for Hamilton County Tourism, Inc. to use and publish the User Content you submit and to grant the rights granted herein, including permission from all persons appearing in the User Content; (iii) you are at least 18 years of age, and (iv) you are legally entitled to license use of the User Content and that Hamilton County Tourism, Inc.’s use of the User Content as described herein will not violate the rights of any third party or any law.