A spring break getaway doesn't have to break the bank. A fun, memorable family getaway is closer (and more affordable) than you think in Hamilton County, Indiana - just north of Indianapolis. Get inspired with our list of 25 things to do for spring break with kids in Carmel, Fishers, Noblesville, Westfield and the four northern towns.
Header photo: Flat Fork Creek Park
Things to Do
1. Explore Conner Prairie, an interactive history museum where families can meet costumed interpreters from 1800s Indiana. Discover the outdoor grounds, including the Animal Encounters barn with baby animals and Treetop Outpost.
2. Take a walk through the eight miles of trails at Strawtown Koteewi Park.
4. Splash and swim at the indoor water park and pool at the Monon Community Center.
5. Peek inside miniature and antique dollhouses at the Museum of Miniatures and Other Collections.
8. Shop Indiana’s only IKEA store located in Fishers. Don’t forget the Swedish meatballs!
11. Take a cooking class at Sprouts Cooking School, the only kids' cooking school in Indiana.
14. Bounce around at Urban Air Adventure Park.
16. Try to beat the clock and get out at The Escape Room.
17. Suit up for competitive family fun at Laser Flash.
18. Go on a scavenger hunt to find all the public art in Hamilton County, including murals and sculptures.
19. Stop inside the Ignite Studio at Hamilton East Public Library, an art studio and maker space open to the public.
22. Treat yourself to a glittery slice of decadent cake at The Cake Bake Shop Carmel.
24. Design your own doughnut at Ohanalulu Donuts and Ice Cream – you pick the glaze and topping to make your creation.
25. Make plans to view the Total Solar Eclipse on the afternoon of Monday, April 8.