A spring break getaway doesn't have to break the bank. A fun, memorable family getaway is closer (and more affordable) than you think in Hamilton County, Indiana - just north of Indianapolis. Get inspired with our list of 25 things to do for spring break with kids in Carmel, Fishers, Noblesville, Westfield and the four northern towns.
Header photo: Flat Fork Creek Park
Things to Do
1. Explore Conner Prairie, an interactive history museum where families can meet costumed interpreters from 1800s Indiana. Discover the outdoor grounds, including the Animal Encounters barn with baby animals and Treetop Outpost.
2. Take a walk through the eight miles of trails at Strawtown Koteewi Park.
3. Shoot a bow and arrow in the family fun zone at Koteewi Range: Sport and Target Archery Center at Strawtown Koteewi Park.
4. Splash and swim at the indoor water park and pool at the Monon Community Center.
5. Peek inside miniature and antique dollhouses at the Museum of Miniatures and Other Collections.
6. Paint a piece of pottery at Kiln Creations or uPaint Pottery Studio.
7. Walk or bike along more than 600 miles of outdoor trails, including the Monon Trail, a paved pedestrian path.
8. Shop Indiana’s only IKEA store located in Fishers. Don’t forget the Swedish meatballs!
9. Practice your golf swing at Topgolf or your putt-putt at Birdies.
10. Sign up for an arts class at Nickel Plate Arts or Caravan Classes.
11. Take a cooking class at Sprouts Cooking School, the only kids' cooking school in Indiana.
12. Shop for a new spring wardrobe at Clay Terrace or Hamilton Town Center, or put together a unique ensemble at local thrift stores.
13. Race against your teammates at K1 Speed or Fastimes Indoor Karting.
14. Bounce around at Urban Air Adventure Park.
15. Play outside on the award-winning Westermeier Commons Playground at Central Park or indoors on the rock climbing walls at Hoosier Heights.
16. Try to beat the clock and get out at The Escape Room.
17. Suit up for competitive family fun at Laser Flash.
18. Go on a scavenger hunt to find all the public art in Hamilton County, including murals and sculptures.
19. Stop inside the Ignite Studio at Hamilton East Public Library, an art studio and maker space open to the public.
20. Take a walk through picturesque local parks like Central Park, Flat Fork Creek Park, Potter's Bridge Park or MacGregor Park.
21. Lace up your shoes and bowl a strike at Pinheads or Three-Two-Fun.
22. Treat yourself to a glittery slice of decadent cake at The Cake Bake Shop Carmel.
23. Make a custom lotion or scrub at Bath Junkie in Carmel City Center or a custom candle at Penn & Beech Candle Company in Midtown Carmel.
24. Design your own doughnut at Ohanalulu Donuts and Ice Cream – you pick the glaze and topping to make your creation.
25. Head to the beach on March 18 for the opening of Geist Waterfront Park.
Start planning your Indiana spring break and be sure to follow @VisitHamiltonCo on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to see what's happening in #VisitHC.