Roundabouts in Hamilton County
With more than 150 roundabouts in Hamilton County, and more planned or under construction, it is very likely you will experience one while visiting. A roundabout is a type of circular intersection or junction in which road traffic flows almost continuously in one direction around a central island. Studies show this alternative to traditional intersections improves traffic flow and reduces pollution. View a roundabout information or watch a simulation.
Tips for driving a roundabout
- Take note of the posted sign as you approach, especially with double lane roundabouts. Straight and turn lanes can vary by roundabout.
- Look to the left. Vehicles already in the roundabout have the right-of-way.
- If there is no traffic in the roundabout do not stop.
- If there is traffic present, wait until it clears, then enter the roundabout.
- Keep your car in the same lane as you enter and exit the roundabout.
- Do not stop in the roundabout. Keep moving with the flow of traffic.
Roundabout Art Map
View the locations of roundabouts in Hamilton County featuring art sculptures in the center of the roundabout.