Roundabouts in Hamilton County
With over 150 roundabouts in Hamilton County, and more planned or under construction, it is very likely you will experience one while visiting. A roundabout is a type of circular intersection or junction in which road traffic flows almost continuously in one direction around a central island. Studies show this alternative to traditional intersections improves traffic flow and reduces pollution. View a roundabout demonstration.
Tips for driving a roundabout
- Take note of the posted sign as you approach, especially with double lane roundabouts. Straight and turn lanes can vary by roundabout.
- Look to the left. Vehicles already in the roundabout have the right-of-way.
- If there is no traffic in the roundabout do not stop.
- If there is traffic present, wait until it clears, then enter the roundabout.
- Keep your car in the same lane as you enter and exit the roundabout.
- Do not stop in the roundabout. Keep moving with the flow of traffic.