Back home in Hamilton County for the holiday weekend or have guests coming in town to celebrate Thanksgiving? There’s plenty of things to do to keep friends and family entertained in Carmel, Fishers, Noblesville, Westfield and beyond. Read a list below of the top things to do near Indianapolis during Thanksgiving Weekend 2019.
1. Experience the all-new Conner Prairie holiday event, A Merry Prairie Holiday.
Enjoy the Conner Prairie holiday family fun you already love and a host of new features you won’t want to miss. All under the shimmering backdrop of a local, time-honored favorite moving to a new home at Conner Prairie: the Reynolds Farm Equipment Christmas Lights.
2. Visit the Carmel Christkindlmarkt.
This is the third year for the authentic German holiday market with traditional food, drink, and gifts. Note the Christkindlmarkt is closed on Thanksgiving Day.
3. Skate around one of three local ice skating rinks.
4. Ride aboard the Nickel Plate Express for the Reindeer Ride.
During the evening, the train is lit up for a “Bright Night” experience thanks to Gaylor Electric.
5. See Santa’s Arrival.
Santa Clause will arrive at Clay Terrace and kick off the holiday season with a tree lighting Nov. 29.
6. Attend the annual Tree Lighting.
Visit downtown Noblesville Nov. 29 from for this celebration.
7. Pick out a Christmas tree.
Visit Spencer Farm in Noblesville.
8. Visit one of the winter farmers’ markets.
They're held each Saturday morning.
9. Get a head start on your holiday shopping at Nickel Plate Arts.
The Gifted experience is part exhibit, part gift shop, all local and handmade.
10. Support local businesses.
Shop small on Small Business Saturday to find the perfect gift for everyone on your list.